Dental Soap Recipe Tooth Soap Recipe
It seems dental soap is nothing new, it has been around since the 1800′s. But how many of you have used it, or even heard of it?
With all the toxic chemicals in commercial toothpaste, its a great idea to make your own. Use food grade lye and pure essential oils.
Some make dental soap with 90% olive oil and 10% cocoa butter and say it does not taste bad.
Fragrance free salt bars also make great dental soap. I had some that were made with Hibiscus tea and topped with Pink Himilyan salt that worked great. They did not really taste like soap, just salty. I quickly got used to the taste and my teeth felt super clean.
After trying the salt bars, I brewed up my own dental soap recipe using Peppermint essential oil. I found some cool rounded ice cube trays to use as a mold. They actually look like big teeth:) They do not need to be very big bars since it only takes a few swipes with a wet toothbrush and will last a long time.
Peppermint Dental Soap Salt Bar Recipe
Cold process oven method for experienced soap makers only.
If you are new to soap making, I offer personal coaching classes by phone or email to walk you through the whole process www.SunflowerAcres.ecrater.com .
10 oz. Coconut oil
8 oz. Olive oil
2 oz. Castor oil
6.6 oz. water
3 oz. Food grade lye
14 oz. Salt
Please research safety precautions before working with lye, always wear long rubber gloves, long sleeves and pants, and work in a well ventilated area. I open a few windows while adding the lye, even in the winter.
- At trace add 25-30 drops Peppermint essential oil and 14 oz. salt (I used Kosier salt but any should work, Sea salt is good)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees then turn oven off.
- Pour or ladle soap into molds, put molds on cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
- Put in oven overnight.
- Check pH or do a zap test before using.
- When safe, wet toothbrush and rub on soap. Brush teeth and rinse well.
If you do not want to make your own dental soap, I offer these in my store www.SunflowerAcres.ecrater.com
Information on Essential Oils
Use pure uncut food grade essential oils for flavor and scent, as well as antimicrobial properties. Peppermint oil is often used, and it has antimicrobial action. Spearmint, Tea tree, Lemon balm and Eucalyptus essential oils also are antimicrobial, and so are other members of the mint family.

No comments:
Post a Comment